Spring Workshops

Spring Workshops

March 18—20, 2020 • Washington, DC

PAEA Workshops are highly interactive, immersive faculty learning experiences. These workshops teach participants about valuable techniques and resources they can use to run their PA programs more effectively. Printed materials and online resources are typically included. Our Spring 2020 Workshop line-up includes two of our classic core workshops and one new offering.

  • Clinical Coordinators 101
  • Faculty Skills 101
  • Teaching Strategies for the Real World: Failure & Motivation in Learning – NEW!

Please scroll down to view the workshop descriptions, schedules, and registration information.

Key Registration Dates

  • Registration opens: December 6, 2019
  • Early Bird registration available through: January 31, 2020
  • Last day to register: March 4, 2020

Additional Information

The PAEA Workshop registration fee includes breakfast and lunch each day. Attendees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements. Start and end times are subject to change. All workshops are subject to cancellation based on registration numbers; in this unlikely event, all attendees will be notified by email.

Email us at Workshops@PAEAonline.org with any questions.

Members and attendees actively engaged in education session, workshop, or learning opportunity

Details

Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.

Start and end times are subject to change.

Clinical Coordinators 101

Leading clinical education and securing clinical sites is a unique responsibility that clinical coordinators are charged with undertaking. To thrive in this role, learning alongside peers is the key to success. Clinical Coordinators 101 is the perfect place to learn with other faculty who are also new to the role. Led by expert facilitators who are experienced clinical coordinators themselves, this workshop is designed to offer new clinical coordinators practical advice and a wealth of useful ideas to help them get acclimated to their new role and begin to develop a personalized toolbox of resources and strategies.

Early Bird registration: $825 members / $875 non-members
Regular registration: $925 members / $975 non-members

Facilitators: Laura Gerstner, Amanda Moloney-Johns, Bobbie Morici, Lisa Tshuma

CME hours: pending

Members and attendees actively engaged in education session, workshop, or learning opportunity

Details

Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Start and end times are subject to change.

Faculty Skills 101

Stepping into the role of faculty member is exciting and challenging, especially if you are new to education. Active learning, learner-centeredness, and learning objectives — it’s a lot to take in. Fortunately, you don’t have to figure it all out on your own. This workshop is designed for faculty who are new to education and are looking for guidance in becoming acclimated to the role of educator. In this three-day workshop, you will learn the basic techniques and tools required for effective teaching and learning from experienced educators who have the expertise and passion to help new faculty become excellent educators.

Early Bird registration: $825 members / $875 non-members
Regular registration: $925 members / $975 non-members

Facilitators: Christopher Hanifin, Shaun Lynch, Betsy Melcher, Antoinette Polito, Liz Roessler, Thomas Woods

CME hours: Pending

Olivia Ziegler facilitating Facilitators in education sessions and workshops

Details

Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Start and end times are subject to change.

Teaching Strategies for the Real World: Failure & Motivation in Learning

In teaching and learning, failure and motivation are like two sides of the same coin. What can you as a faculty member do to teach your students to fail forward and to become more motivated? Faculty spend a majority of their efforts teaching to the 25% of classroom learners who would succeed anyway. But what about the other 75%? How do you make sure that all 100% of your students are engaged? At this two-day interactive workshop, you will learn “real world” teaching strategies to overcome adverse feelings toward failure and to increase motivation to learn that you will be able to take home and implement immediately.

Early Bird registration: $675 members / $725 non-members
Regular registration: $775 members / $825 non-members

Facilitator: Laurie Burruss

CME hours: pending