Guide to Using PAEA’s Professional Learning Communities
Complete and Manage Your Profile
- Log in. If you do not have an account, you can request one here.
- Add a photo and update your contact information by clicking on “My Profile” in the upper right hand corner. (Note that updating your contact information here does not update your membership account details with PAEA.)
- You can change your password by clicking on “My Settings” in the upper right corner.
Join a Group
- Click on Professional Learning Communities in the top navigation bar to view the list of available communities.
- To join one, click on its title and then click on the “+ Join Group” button.
Start a New Discussion
- Review the Community Standards.
- In each community, you may start a new conversation by creating a post. Be sure to list a “topic” in the text bar below your post before clicking “share” to enhance searchability. You may also take advantage of functionality that allows members to post a poll, question, or announcement.
- Members are more likely to engage in a discussion when a question is asked. Include background information, links, and/or attachments to related content to spark interest.
Join an Existing Discussion
- To reply to a post, comment on it by typing in the bar that says “Write a comment…” If you prefer to send a private message, hover over the member’s profile image or name and click “send message.” Comments are visible to the entire PLC, messages directly to a specific user are not.
Set Your Notification Preferences
- Update your notification frequency to alert you for every post — or request a daily, weekly, or limited digest — using the drop-down menu above the name of each PLC.