Guide to Using PAEA’s Professional Learning Communities
Complete and Manage Your Profile
- Log in. If you do not have an account, have your program director add you to the roster, or email membership@PAEAonline.org.
- Add a photo and update your contact information by clicking on “My Profile” in the upper right-hand corner.
- You can change your password by clicking on “My Settings” in the upper right corner.
Join a Group
- Click on Professional Learning Communities in the top navigation bar to view the list of available communities.
- To join one, click on its title and then click on the “+ Join Group” button.
Start a New Discussion
- Review the Community Standards.
- In each community, you may start a new conversation by creating a post. Be sure to list a “topic” in the text bar below your post before clicking “share” to enhance searchability. You may also take advantage of functionality that allows members to post a poll, question, or announcement.
- Members are more likely to engage in a discussion when a question is asked. Include background information, links, and/or attachments to related content to spark interest.
Join an Existing Discussion
- To reply to a post, comment on it by typing in the bar that says “Write a comment…” If you prefer to send a private message, hover over the member’s profile image or name and click “send message.” Comments are visible to the entire PLC, messages directly to a specific user are not.
Set Your Notification Preferences
- Update your notification frequency to alert you for every post — or request a daily, weekly, or limited digest — using the drop-down menu above the name of each PLC.