Become a Workshop Facilitator
PAEA Workshops are an important part of professional development for many PA educators, including those transitioning into new roles such as clinical coordinator or program director. Apply to become part of the PAEA Workshop facilitator team and join your colleagues to co-lead one of our popular workshops. Facilitators make valuable connections with colleagues while sharing their experiences with those new to the field.
Scroll down for details.
The application for 2020 closed on May 25.
What to Expect as a Facilitator
At least once per year, PAEA will contact the current facilitator pool to request interest and availability for upcoming workshops. Workshops are currently offered three times per year (spring, summer, and fall), and each facilitator will typically lead only one or two workshops per year. PAEA provides an honorarium for workshop facilitation and also covers air/ground transportation, hotel accommodations, and food/beverage costs on travel days and during the workshops.
Time and Travel Commitment
Once assigned to a scheduled workshop, facilitators will participate in monthly planning calls with their co-facilitators and PAEA staff to prepare for the workshop. Facilitators will then travel to the workshop location and deliver the workshop along with their fellow facilitators and any guest speakers. Please note that curricula and materials for PAEA’s core workshops are the intellectual property of PAEA and may not be used in other venues.
How to Get Involved
PAEA members are encouraged to apply to become a PAEA Workshop facilitator for one or more of the core workshops listed above. Experience requirements include the following:
- Current faculty at a PAEA member program
- Minimum of three years as a higher education faculty member, ideally in a PA program
- Additional requirements for specific workshops:
- Clinical Coordinators 101: minimum of three years’ experience as a clinical coordinator/director; currently serving as or recently served as a clinical coordinator/director
- Program Directors 101: minimum of three years’ experience as a PA program director; currently serving as or recently served as a PA program director
Application requirements include:
- Curriculum Vitae (3000-word text file with no identifying information such as your name or contact information)
- Letter of interest including a brief description of your teaching philosophy (500-word text file with no identifying information such as your name or contact information)
- Letter of recommendation from a fellow faculty member who is familiar with your teaching style
Five-minute video teaching sample recorded in front of students (mp4 file, video from mobile phone acceptable)– this requirement is currently being waived
- Completion of PAEA’s conflict of interest, code of ethics, and disclosure forms
Submit your application by 11:59 p.m. ET on May 25, 2020, to be considered for upcoming openings. Finalists will participate in a virtual interview in late June 2020. All applicants will be notified in July 2020 regarding the status of their application. Questions? Email Workshops@PAEAonline.org for application support.